Recall - Megane Air Conditioning Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JPB
Passed Theory

Recall - Megane Air Conditioning Fault

Postby JPB » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Just to let you know that we received a Recall letter for both of our 2006 Registered Meganes (face lift model).
It states that they want it booked in to be checked over due to the fact that the air con compressor gets blocked and subsequently causes immobilisation!! Sounds bizarre.

Anyone heard anything else about this?
So Good We have two. Well that's what I Thought at First:

rencar12
Passed Theory

Recall Renault F4R Engine - Air conditioning compressor

Postby rencar12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I received a recorded delivery letter from Renault today for my 2006 2.0 16v Auto Grand Scenic.

It states that they have launched a service campaign affecting certain versions of the Renault Scenic.

As already mentioned it says that 'we have noted a potential for an immobilising breakdown caused by a blockage in the air conditioning compressor. It is therefore very important that you contact your Renault Dealer who will check your vehicle and complete any necessary repairs free of charge'

It appears that this recall is affecting both the Megane and Scenic.

Does anyone know what the problem as I haven't seen anyone posting problems such as these?

Thanks

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:20 pm

compressor probably overheats and cooks a fuse or fries half of the wiring harness :shock:

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Well I was at the dealer a few days ago and there was no mention, I suppose it's possible they checked it without telling me.

rencar12
Passed Theory

Postby rencar12 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:07 pm

I have spoken to two Renault dealers who appear to have a lot of people contacting them since their recall letters arrived.

It is a red recall? and the car is required for around an hour to reprogram the Injection computer - A potential power loss can occcur whilst driving. Apparently the garage I spoke to said it was urgent to get it done.

Return to “Problems / Questions”