TDC sensor

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TomM
Learner Driver

TDC sensor

Postby TomM » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi all!

I've recently been having problems with loss of power and sometimes lumpy starts in the mornings with my Meggie. I had my dephaser pulley replaced a couple of months back, and I kinda suspect my TDC needs cleaning or replacing. Problem is, I havent got a clue how to go about cleaining it.

Could anybody give me any advice please? Photos would be brilliant if possible please!?

My Meggie is an 03 reg 1.6 VVT by the way.

Cheers,

Tom.

Paulst30
Learner Driver

Postby Paulst30 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:53 pm

Hey Tom,

Just posted the same symptoms earlier today lol

Does it kangaroo in 1st gear then rocket off the spot? or dip n revs just after the biting point?

I too would love to see how to check this cause my Megane has cost me too much time already :)

Paul
Renault Megane II 04 plate 1.6 VVT Dynamique cheery red and its the hardest car i have ever driven in my life
X Reg Vauxhall Astra Mk4 1.6 - it's like a Go-Kart

TomM
Learner Driver

Postby TomM » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 am

Yeah its very shaky in 1st gear, and lumpy in 2nd, but beyond that its fine. I've heard before that the TDC sensor can get dirty and a simple clean helps it a lot, but I haven't got a clue where to start with that!

Can anybody help?

Tom.

candy_xyz

TDC Sensor

Postby candy_xyz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Hiya, im not sure how to replace or clean it, but like urself already had my dephaser pulley done last year, just thad my TDC sensor done, cost £133 parts and labour, so nowhere near the dephaser pulley cost....

xx
Megane VVT Dynamique (2 door) Hatch
Petrol, Manual
1.6 Engine
'53 plate registered October '03
Mileage 47k (March 06)

Return to “Problems / Questions”