GT 150 DCI

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boysie
Passed Theory

Postby boysie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:16 am

cactusbob wrote:A puff of smoke from a diesel on startup is quite normal isn't it? :lol:

It's not a "puff" The SAS could use this car as smoke cover :shock:

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Would need to agree with Boysie on the lack of low down grunt, you really need to be thrashing it to 4000rpm to get any significant pulling power.

Apart from that I am lucky that I have not had a single problem with mine.

I did have to wait until the end of March though so mine is probably the second or 3rd batch into the UK.

I dont get any smoke on startup so its defo not character on the Boysie twins

Celticking
Passed Theory

Postby Celticking » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 pm

LOL after saying that I have not got any GT problems the small electrical niggles have started.

Last night the dash lights (speedo etc) didnt light up although my exterior headlights and indicators etc lights were working and it was dark outside.

Couple of weeks ago the computer dash display froze on a 200 mile trip.

Both probs were sorted when I stopped and restarted and the trip comp did show the correct mileage etc as well and have not reappeared.

Trip to dealer I think to see if any gremlins are lurking.

coffs
Currently Drives:: 2.0 dCi. Kawasaki ZX9-R

Re: GT 150 DCI

Postby coffs » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:31 pm

My 150 Dci is woefully slow, unless you absolutely nail it it just doesn't go anywhrere. Is that the cost of having a quiet diesel?

I've had every flavour of Vag diesel (90,110,115,130 & 150hp variants of the 1.9 engine) and everything from the 115 up over has considerably more grunt than my supposed 150hp, 251lb/ft car. Perhaps 1 german hp = 3 french hp and i've only got 50hp!

I will never buy French again. It looks nice, has alot of toys but the engine is awful.

Been back to the dealer twice, they ran every test and said that everything is fine (i.e the computer won't tell them what's wrong and they don't know how to diagnose an engine with conventional means).

36MPG, godawful slow = not a fun experience. The first Skoda Octavia VRS diesel in the right price bracket that comes along I will have in a heartbeat!

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: GT 150 DCI

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

will never buy French again. It looks nice, has alot of toys but the engine is awful.

Bizzare as that engine has won nothing but praise in both Nissans and Renaults. Its not amazingly economic as its used as a sports engine in smaller cars and a bit of a power unit in the larger ones. I think the engines amazing, delivering alot of low down torque meaning you can also change early. I have no idea how your only managing 36mpg, my 180bhp 3.0 V6 dci Grand Espace is managing that, hell my old 1.6 VVT Petrol Scenic managed that.

I would of said perhaps you weren't used to driving diesels and needed to adjust your driving style but your ownership history says otherwise. Thus from an engine that should be getting 40mpg+ without issue, your engine has to be ******. Theres a billion things it could be. If under warranty get Renault UK involved.

The turbo doesn't deliver a kick back in the seat style of driving, if you want that get a 230 etc.

Return to “Problems / Questions”