Water collecting in door pocket

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

enfy

Postby enfy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:37 pm

Had the same problem. The dealer had heard of simular cases. They fixed it the first time.
Happy!

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Mon May 14, 2007 10:30 am

im so pissed of
omg i cant believe tey did it!!!

the guys who installed my PG Ti5's cut the C chanel cup lookalike rain deflector off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whata complete f***ing A**wipe stupid motherF***er!!!

It rained all day yesterday and my door pocket was full of rain water!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

basically as he has cut off the speaker rain deflector the rainwater is now leaking from the speaker hole!!!!

what a complete asshole!! and to make it worse...he is a 4masters dealer!!!
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

samyaz

I will solve this problem by selling...

Postby samyaz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:27 pm

I’m fed up with all those problems in my Magane as water collecting, brakes, and many small defects.
My Renault dealer in Sweden doesn’t want to fix those problems without full paid (about 900-1100 Euro).
I consider that all above mentioned problems are because of manufacturing’s defects (my car was 2 years and 2 month old) warranty for a new car in Sweden is 2 years.
:( :( :( = :cry:

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi all,

Right Old speakers poped no one claimed responsibility F'em all. Bought new set from a guy in cyprus!!! Cheers Andreas!! lol

Told speaker installers to make a raindeflector. he did. Very goo attempt. Its clearing both windows on each door. Used mastic round the speakerholes so no water can get in.

No noticed water still in door. !! after long analysis and a few :curse then realised the water is comming form withing the door pocket! In the door pocket thre is a seem. shaking teh door eleases water from this seem area.

This can only mean that water get into the door, fills up and due to an imbalance in pressure, it seeps into the door pocket and fills up!!

Took it back to renault who said that the door card has been modified and warranty on the door card is void!!! then tried to charge me £70+vat!!

Dickheadss!!!

not sure what to do now!! how can i fix the problem.
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

albert

Re:

Postby albert » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 pm

ICEMAN wrote:Hi all,

Right Old speakers poped no one claimed responsibility F'em all. Bought new set from a guy in cyprus!!! Cheers Andreas!! lol

Told speaker installers to make a raindeflector. he did. Very goo attempt. Its clearing both windows on each door. Used mastic round the speakerholes so no water can get in.

No noticed water still in door. !! after long analysis and a few :curse then realised the water is comming form withing the door pocket! In the door pocket thre is a seem. shaking teh door eleases water from this seem area.

This can only mean that water get into the door, fills up and due to an imbalance in pressure, it seeps into the door pocket and fills up!!

Took it back to renault who said that the door card has been modified and warranty on the door card is void!!! then tried to charge me £70+vat!!

Dickheadss!!!

not sure what to do now!! how can i fix the problem.

Hi ICEMAN, can I ask how you got this fixed! I have the exact same problem, Renault have actually replaced the whole door panel to stop the water leak from around my speaker, but now it just fills up when I open the door from this seem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kind regards.

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: Water collecting in door pocket

Postby terry_mccann » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:16 am

I have also fitted the Pioneers and no problems with them.....but what I noitices is that when I do park sideways to a hill then the uphill doorpocket will get wet.....but that normally is easy to avoid by NOT parking sideways to the hill ;-)
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 am

if you search the forum there have been plenty of posts on this issue - the door pocket water ingress happened on mine -have you got the standard front speakers in your car? (as upgrading them can cause issues).

i had standard speakers and found that the water was leaking in through the gap (hole) that the speakers are fitted in - so after speaking with a mate who is a renault tech I was advised to seal up the gap that the speaker sits in. i did this with a some double sided sticky sealant tape (not sure what the technical term for it is but i was sent some). it looks like black plasticine but very tacky.

the standard speakers are apparently designed to withstand water ingress behind the door card - and the water will drain out of holes in the bottom of the door card. thats it really. i have done that and problem solved

however, if you had aftermarket speakers then they wont necessarily b designed to withsdtand water ingress and you may have issues with the speakers becoming damaged.

i hope that helps?

as with the water ingress in the footwells - from what i remember there was a post about someone stating that it is necessary to check that your drainage holes are clear in the area underneath your front wipers i think?? i dont know as didnt have this myself.
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Postby terry_mccann » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:32 am

I dont know about the water resistability of those pioneers, but at least since I fitted them a year ago they didn't carry any damages....the only thing that happened was on the right side some corroded contacts which caused the speaker to fail last month. I scratched them free again and used some electronic contact spray on them. In addition, I drenchend (well, not quite) the speakers backside with liquid conservation waxing spray which should make them more watertight.....

I used this (although I am pretty sure that it is not available in the UK):

https://www2.westfalia.de/shops/autozube ... sender.htm

But surely there are similar products available as well....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

fh7116
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.9tDi 120

Postby fh7116 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi all,

So I've had ALL of these problems. Since getting my car six months ago, I've had to replace the motor and regulator three times (which I've now learned to do myself!), have had six inches of water in the door pockets on many occasion (and have now put plastic over the whole door and sealed it) and now have two speakers which are rotten.

Last week I found that the driver's speaker wasn't working and suspected it was blown, so bought a replacement one (non-renault). I had to modify the hood in the short term and cut the plug to install it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work!

I don't know if there's a lack of current to the speaker as I don't have an ammeter and was hoping someone else has some experience of this, or that someone can point me in the right direction!

Return to “Problems / Questions”