start up - dephaser pulley

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ian clem

start up - dephaser pulley

Postby ian clem » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am

I have a 04 reg 1.6 vvt megane. When I start the car up after 4 are 5 seconds the car stops, to keep the car runing i need to keep it reved up to about 3,000 after 4 seconds the revs will drop my about 1,000 i need to rev the car for about 2 mins to stop it cutting out, some time the car will not start. garage says it is the dephaser pulley, need wait 4 weeks for part. have 3 weeks i went to start the car, the battery was flat. jump started the car, the problem had gone. I taken the car to garage to have the dephaser pulley changed. (did not want it go when the warrenty was up). after about 6 weeks the problem is back, booked it back at garage to be looked at when i got their woman on desk says it is the dephaser pulley, again waiting on stock about 4 weeks.

i have read a few problems on here about dephaser pulley going put don't say car cuts out after 3 are 4 seconds. And as anybody's dephaser pulley go again in 4 weeks.

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Yes I've heard this before, sometimes the new unit is defective as well, or some ECU parameters haven't been reset so it produces the same symptoms or something. There is an exact procedure to follow to fix it apparantly. Someone with more info will be along to help you more hopefully!

Phil
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

bloomer.fsnet.co.uk

Postby bloomer.fsnet.co.uk » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:30 pm

Have a look at the Ownership Problem topic called - 1,6 K4M VVT Problem - many similar experiences there.
CfP/SFT

sornat

Re: start up - dephaser pulley

Postby sornat » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:47 pm

ian clem wrote:I have a 04 reg 1.6 vvt megane. When I start the car up after 4 are 5 seconds the car stops, to keep the car runing i need to keep it reved up to about 3,000 after 4 seconds the revs will drop my about 1,000 i need to rev the car for about 2 mins to stop it cutting out, some time the car will not start.

it's not dphaser, i've had the same situation few weeks ago (stopping after 3-4sec), my dealer said that it's the problem with fuel quality, after resteing and refueling the problem has gone...
ps. they have also checked, unplugged/plugged TDC

sorry for my english;)
1.6 16V LUx D....

candy_xyz

TDC Sensor

Postby candy_xyz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:03 pm

it could also be the TDC sensor, mine was doing the same thign second time around, first time it was the dephaser pulley, second time it was the TDC Sensor, but to be fair both of those problems were 18 months apart.xx
Megane VVT Dynamique (2 door) Hatch
Petrol, Manual
1.6 Engine
'53 plate registered October '03
Mileage 47k (March 06)

Return to “Problems / Questions”