Auto Lock or Not?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Does you car lock itself just by walking away from it?

Poll ended at Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 am

YES
10%
NO
90%

Total votes: 10

AndyAdmin
Site Admin

Postby AndyAdmin » Fri May 27, 2005 3:37 pm

mine stays in pocket too! my northface trousers even have a little zippy pocket that the card fits perfectly into!!
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Beer Reviews Beer Blog

It's Chilli up North.

simarson

Postby simarson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Only just got a 1.9dci tourer and am still getting used to the details... however, it did something a bit weird the other day. I've got RAID enabled (if that makes any difference) and a keyless entry card.

Pulled up to a diesel pump, turned engine off and got out (it unlocked the doors & turned off instruments). I shut the door, opened the fuel filler cap, put the nozzle in, started refueling and leant back on the car (keycard in opposite pocket with no pressure) and the car locked itself. I didn't touch any buttons on the handles or nowt. When I'd finished I had to manually unlock the car with the card (the door buttons didn't work) so I could close the filler cap as it wouldn't close. I've filled up before, but someone was in the car with the card and it didn't do it, so assumed it was a safety feature.

Is that normal behaviour? Cause a Laguna owner friend said his keyless entry locks and unlocks when the cards enter and leave a certain proximity of the car?

catherine c

Postby catherine c » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Regarding the car that locked itself during filling at the pump; my 53 plate petrol Clio used to do that occasionally. I put it down to the fumes from the pump somehow making a connection in the key which was in the lock for the filler cap. My Megane however, which is a keyless entry (which was by the way supposed to be £700 more including 6 cd changer and electric folding door mirrors, panoramic sunroof etc, but which I negotiated for the same price as a standard version just about - phew must have been the end of the month and they were keen to make sales targets) doesn't do this locking thing at the petrol station, but then the card is permanently in my handbag. And no, it doesn't lock when i walk away from it either.

I do love my keyless entry though, it's great for dark evenings when you're returning to your car. You just jump straight in, and press the lock button, and instantly feel like you're in a safe cocoon. Sometimes have a problem though if the key gets stuck in my handbag behind something big. It seems not to 'transmit' to the car in that case. Easily sorted by stirring the contents of my handbag though
Catherine

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Mine locks itself like one post said if you unlock but don't get in, thought it was weird today when i was talking to someone in a car park and car locked itself whilst i stood next to it. Doesn't lock on its own though cos i've lost count of number of times i've gone out in the morning and its unlocked. :oops: I'm presuming thats cos i haven't locked it the previous night and not the car un locking itself!!! :wink:

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Phew, Im glad ive seen this thread because i thought there was summat wrong with mine.

The dealer said to me when i test drove it just to walk away and it will lock.
But since that ive played about giviing my card to a mate and telling him to walk away to see if it locked, it didnt.

I dred to think how many times i left it open over night on the street, before i found that out :roll:
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:43 pm

Daughter bought a 55plt scenic 2.0vvt a week or so ago. Has keyless wotnot.
Dropped partner off at football and went to petrol station, it wouldn't let her out of the car, her fella had taken the keys in error :lol:

mark.dt

Newbie here - handsfree door handle buttons

Postby mark.dt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey everyone,

Just recently purchased an '05 Renault Megane 1.5dci'
I have the handsfree key card, and it seems to work fine, the only thing i'm unsure about it the buttons on the handles and the sensors behind the door handles.......When exactly do these work?
I have used the button on the renault badge on the back to lock the car - pushed it twice and it dead locked fine.

When i've tried the buttons to lock the doors it doesnt do anything - none of the four buttons do.
Also the sensors behind the door handles, i've gone to the car, but my hand around the handle waited for it to unlock - nothing....again thats all four sensors??!!

Is there a way that these have been turned off, if so can I turn them back on??

HELP!!!!!

Other than that, I love my megane......except the squeaky glass roof when it's icy!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Negotiator
Learner Driver

Postby The Negotiator » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Faulty switches and/or sensors, sorry :( Only my driver's door and the boot works.

cptpigpen
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 dci 130 sport tourer

Re: Auto Lock or Not?

Postby cptpigpen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:55 am

I have auto locks and all worked fine now I can unlock from all the doors but not lock from the front nearside door, not a problem for me as I always drive but would like to know if it is a easy fix or one of Renaults known problems and hard to fix.

as a passing but may be a bit late for this tread .Car only lockes itself when you unlock it with out opening the doors for a length of time.

Megane II 1.9 dci 130 dynamice sport tourer (extras include keyless system, sunroof, folding mirrors, zeon headlights, cruise control and 6 cd changer) only owned for a few months and still love it

Return to “Problems / Questions”