1,6 K4M VVT Problem (Hesitation when cold, loss of power)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Do you own a 1,6 VVT and experience this problem?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 134

Stylot
Currently Drives:: Scenic 2 K4M

Re: 1,6 K4M VVT Problem (Hesitation when cold, loss of power

Postby Stylot » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Wazza4 wrote:
Now I have gone through more of these Actis Solution updates (Renaults technical support database) and have found that the following needs to be tested for the above fault K4M 760 - 782 Engine models:

1: Check if injection software is older than A7.73 if it is then update with V31 or newer ( They use Technical Note 3585A for doing this update )
2: Test the camshaft dephaser solenoid valve - Replace if need be
3: Test camshaft dephaser pulley - Replace if need be ( This needs to locked before it is fitted )

Hello i just arrived and i got the same problem when it's cold - like under 10C, all the problems come's up. After start and quiet idling I took out the cat and it dies... needs more rev to keep it running and after no more then 1 min everything is like nothing happen... No -errors,messages,loss of power or anything. My engine is K4M - 782.
Would you please advice what is the possible solution - because i see a lot of things to be changed...and no cure...

I am looking also for Scenic 3 /2010+/ to buy with the same engine series - K4M - 858, Can anybody tells me if this engine is also with the same problems... ? Thank you

Return to “Problems / Questions”