Megane 2 1.9dci overheating problem plz help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

typ89q
Currently Drives:: Audi 80 quattro 20v

Megane 2 1.9dci overheating problem plz help

Postby typ89q » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi. I have a 2005 Megane 1.9dci 96kw. It has 338000km on the clock and is still running strong. It has developed a problem to start overheating when on motorway driving above 120kph. as soon as you let off the throttle it cools back down..the water started to disappear. Water pipes get really hard so I decided to replace HG. I refurbished the head so it got valve and valve stems done, main and conrod bearings, timing belt and water pump,cooling reservoir cap, and thermostat replaced. the car starts no problem and goes like hell but it's still overheating like crazy.. what could be the problem.. I don't think it's the radiator because it doesn't overheat standing still or driving normally...I removed the thermostat and was fine but still, there is still pressure in the hoses the next day when it cools down. did anyone had the same problem? or have any pointers? could be the EGR cooler? or water-cooled turbo? or maybe crack in the head? I am really at a loss. :banghead :banghead :banghead
here are some pictures.. one of the pictures you can see how much pipe expands when under pressure

Return to “Problems / Questions”