misfire

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jjneedshelp
Currently Drives:: megan grand scenic 1.6 petrol

misfire

Postby jjneedshelp » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:12 pm

hi gang first time on this forum, i have a 2005 megane 1.6 petrol the car runs perfect when cold but as soon as it's at proper running temp it has a misfire at low revs, now i have a list of what i've changed but this has acheived nothing i'll go through them,i put 4 new plugs in also 4 new coils i also bought a wireing kit and had all the wires to the coils replaced and re-solderd, a mate of mine has a snap on diagnostics and it first came up with front lambda sensor or number 1, it was changed but didn't work i then changed number 2 lambda didn't work put it on the diagnostics again it came up with number one lambda sensor so thinking i'd bought a faulty sensor i bought another one but made no difference, before this i had the timming belt etc replaced just as a precaution, so checked the timming on that and it was spot on, i then changed the map sensor but still the same, as you can imagine i'm about at my wits end the eml is of but the service light has came on and the check handbrake warning not sure if this is a seperate issue as it wasn't on before has any body any ideas at all it would be a great help i know i've sprnt alot of time and money and the car probably isn't worth however it's in very good condition and drove perfect before this problem, many thanks John.

Return to “Problems / Questions”