Roof operating when driving

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

PeteCC
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane mk2 CC 1.6 VVT Automatic

Roof operating when driving

Postby PeteCC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:54 pm

The roof on my 06 Megane has started operating when the safety features built in should not allow operation. I noticed it worked a week ago when I opened roof when the luggage cover was not in place then today it opened when I was still in drive (auto box) tried it again when moving slowly and it still operates. It’s not the end of the world but I am concerned that it might be a sign of some impending electrical failure. Has anyone had this problem or know what might be causing it?
Thanks

PeteCC
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane mk2 CC 1.6 VVT Automatic

Re: Roof operating when driving

Postby PeteCC » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 pm

PeteCC wrote:The roof on my 06 Megane has started operating when the safety features built in should not allow operation. I noticed it worked a week ago when I opened roof when the luggage cover was not in place then today it opened when I was still in drive (auto box). It’s not the end of the world but I am concerned that it might be a sign of some impending electrical failure. Has anyone had this problem or know what might be causing it?
Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”