Engine Stopped dead after 15mins

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jrid982802
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.5dci

Engine Stopped dead after 15mins

Postby jrid982802 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am

Hi all,

I'm new here and would be very grateful if you could give some guidance. We have a Megane 2 1.5dci 96,000 miles, Manual gearbox.

On Sunday the car started as normal, 15 minutes into a drive it stopped. No splutter or hunting just stopped as if someone had flicked a switch to an electrical appliance.

The car had all its ignition lights showing and the electric steering still working...

the only thing I did notice was at 1500rpm the engine if rough, not hugely but lumpy, it revs out fine up to 2000rpm and beyond and also Ok from idle to 1500rpm.

The display showed "Injector Fault and STOP light"

Tried to restart car, just clicked, locked on the key fob, let it sleep so to speak for 30 mins, tried again, just clicked !

Plugged the car into a cheap scanner I had;

PO675

PO711

BO500

PO670

I erased the faults, tried again ....car clicked.

Yesterday morning 24hrs later, the car started on all 4 cylinders, again drove for 15 mins or so and the above happened again.

The only thing I did not was there were sporadic air bubbles in the fuel line ?!?!?!?!? car has well over 1/4 tank almost half full of fuel.....

I tried the car this afternoon and it started again, ran for 5 mins, restarted left for 5 mins, switched off, 5mins later just clicked on starting...driving me potty !

Has anyone experienced this ? is there a procedure I can carry out to isolate and diagnose the problem ? as most of the fault codes don't A) relate to the car config, and B) not sure if the others are related to the issue.

Many thanks for your help

Jonathan

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Engine Stopped dead after 15mins

Postby tomalamix » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm

jrid982802 wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here and would be very grateful if you could give some guidance. We have a Megane 2 1.5dci 96,000 miles, Manual gearbox.

On Sunday the car started as normal, 15 minutes into a drive it stopped. No splutter or hunting just stopped as if someone had flicked a switch to an electrical appliance.

The car had all its ignition lights showing and the electric steering still working...

the only thing I did notice was at 1500rpm the engine if rough, not hugely but lumpy, it revs out fine up to 2000rpm and beyond and also Ok from idle to 1500rpm.

The display showed "Injector Fault and STOP light"

Tried to restart car, just clicked, locked on the key fob, let it sleep so to speak for 30 mins, tried again, just clicked !

Plugged the car into a cheap scanner I had;

PO675

PO711

BO500

PO670

I erased the faults, tried again ....car clicked.

Yesterday morning 24hrs later, the car started on all 4 cylinders, again drove for 15 mins or so and the above happened again.

The only thing I did not was there were sporadic air bubbles in the fuel line ?!?!?!?!? car has well over 1/4 tank almost half full of fuel.....

I tried the car this afternoon and it started again, ran for 5 mins, restarted left for 5 mins, switched off, 5mins later just clicked on starting...driving me potty !

Has anyone experienced this ? is there a procedure I can carry out to isolate and diagnose the problem ? as most of the fault codes don't A) relate to the car config, and B) not sure if the others are related to the issue.

Many thanks for your help

Jonathan

It seems you have several problems, but I guess that in the end the problem is just in one place. Can you rev the car to 4000RPM and sustain for 5 seconds or so?

Return to “Problems / Questions”