Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique Tourer EPAS fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Biglad

Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique Tourer EPAS fault

Postby Biglad » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi folks,
I have just bought a 2008 Megane Tourer with the inoperative Electric Power Assisted Steering problem.
After searching the forum I havve checked all the fuses I can find - in car and under the bonnet. I have a 12V feed to the column on the large red wire, but the dashboard says "steering fault", the spanner symbol is illuminated and so is the "stop" warning.
Is there a wiring diagram for this system anywhere?
The battery also looks new and was fitted prior to my ownership.
I have tried a couple of diagnostic systems and code readers at the weekend and although they communicate with the engine mangement they do not show the (body) steering system
x2 codes:
P0381 - Glow plug / heater indicator circuit malfunction
B2AAA - (mfr specific) Code definition not known

Anyone know to any of the aftermarket diagnostic systems that will read it or anyone near Worcs that has the appropriate kit and willing to travel?
Many Thanks

Biglad

Re: Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique Tourer EPAS fault

Postby Biglad » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Just a quick update, I code read the car again with a Snap On reader and it came up with codes 113variable Power Steering Motor Internal Fault and 101 Computer Error.
I found a replacement column assembly on eBay for £36 delivered :shock: so took a punt on it....
It came, I fitted it and it works fine, fingers crossed it stays that way

Return to “Problems / Questions”