Airbag light

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Muty90
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 56

Airbag light

Postby Muty90 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:51 am

Ok, so I have the dreaded airbag light on my Renault Mégane 56 plate.It comes and goes more often on than not. Nothing seems to trigger it. I have changed the clock spring, put resistors in behind the clock spring, seemed to do to the trick for a while. Checked looms under the seats. Not sure what else to try, any ideas.?? It won't pass the mot again with this, managed to get away with it last time because it was off more that it was on.

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: Airbag light

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:54 am

Try moving the steering column adjustment.
On mine, the nearer the steering wheel is pulled towards the driver, the more likely the airbag light is to come on. If I position the steering wheel as close to the dash as possible, then the light is off 99% of the time. Just moving the wheel does not instantly make the light go off though, there is a delay before the computer reacts so you may need to try different positions and wait a while in each one to see what happens.

Muty90
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 56

Re: Airbag light

Postby Muty90 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Vroom vroom you may have cracked it. I moved the steering column forward and it's gone. Although I am not getting my hopes up as it has done this to me before, goes away and comes back to haunt me. As long as it off while it goes into mot, I'm happy. If it works you are my new best friend .

Return to “Problems / Questions”