Dephaser Pulley fixed under an After Market Warranty

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ewans

Dephaser Pulley fixed under an After Market Warranty

Postby ewans » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if the Dephaser Pulley problem that comes up on the 16.vvt petrols would qualify for fixing under your typical after market warranty i.e. something from Warranty Direct, Warranty Works etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

ta
ewan

andysmiff1
Learner Driver

Postby andysmiff1 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 am

Yes, it should be covered by an after-market warranty, mine failed about 3-4 months out of renault warranty, but renault covered it anyway! :D

candy_xyz

Warranty Direct

Postby candy_xyz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm not sure about the dephaser pulley, i had that done last year, but my TDC sensor recently went on mine, called warranty direct who i had a policy with, gold policy that inlcudes 7 days courtesy car, they told me i cold only have a car if the work was going to take over 8 hours, at this point i did not know how long it would take, my car just wouldnt start and i had no way of getting to work, then when i finally did get it to the garage, i had to ask the garage to phone warranty direct who said the TDC sensor was not covered under their warranty!!

I will be cancelling before my next direct debit!!! First two calls and they couldn't help me with any!! Rubbish!!!
Megane VVT Dynamique (2 door) Hatch
Petrol, Manual
1.6 Engine
'53 plate registered October '03
Mileage 47k (March 06)

Return to “Problems / Questions”