Megane 2 rear close/lock mechanism: cable attachment?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

goltho
Currently Drives:: 04 Dynamique DCi 80

Megane 2 rear close/lock mechanism: cable attachment?

Postby goltho » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:16 pm

I'm trying to fit an offside replacement close/lock mechanism on my 2005 Megane 2 1.5 DCi Dynamique. I got the old one out easily including (blindly) detaching the short bowden cable nipple connected to the outside handle. Trouble now is that I am just not succeeding in re-attaching the new cable. I can't see what it attaches to, so tried to remove the handle to hopefully see where the nipple locates. However I'm also not succeeding in removing the handle as I can't locate the lever to pull with my pick tool.

Help?? :hmm
2004 1.5 DCi Dynamique

goltho
Currently Drives:: 04 Dynamique DCi 80

Re: Megane 2 rear close/lock mechanism: cable attachment?

Postby goltho » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Just for posterity and future generations who might encounter this unfortunate aberration of a technical issue, I formed my own solution after some thought, and implemented it successfully today.

No war was ever won by being conventional, no progress made without being radical. That was the rationale behind wielding my angle grinder and providing the missing access on the inner door skin, being careful of course to leave in place the door card fastenings and aperture. No-one would even know I'd been there except perhaps for the troubled Renault designer who was allowed to express his inner maladjustments at the start. The door is now fit and healthy once more.

Carpe Diem and all that.
2004 1.5 DCi Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”