2.0 DCi GT Poor cold Staring.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

R5GTT
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane GT 2.0 DCI

2.0 DCi GT Poor cold Staring.

Postby R5GTT » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi,
A little help please? my car suffers with poor staring when cold, I have replaced the Glow Plugs and the Timer Relay, however nothing seems to have made a difference,. The glow plug symbol only illuminates for a couple of seconds. Is this normal or should it stay lit for a longer period of time?
Also does it get an engine temp reading via the coolant temp sensor or does it have another engine temp sensor? if so where is it located.
My thought is that it isnt getting the correct temp signal when cold. The temperature gauge on the instrument panel seems to display correctly and the car runs really well once started. Also when I connect in my diagnostic and read the live data the coolant temp seems to be reading correctly hence the question if there is a separate sensor that i am missing.
If im looking for the wrong thing any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

surfingendlesssummer
Currently Drives:: 58 Megane GT DCI

Re: 2.0 DCi GT Poor cold Staring.

Postby surfingendlesssummer » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey, had the same problem, same car, i replaced the glow plugs and starter motor, nothing.
Someone suggested the fuel filter, cheaper option, have made a massive difference.

Remegano79

Re: 2.0 DCi GT Poor cold Staring.

Postby Remegano79 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:28 pm

A common problem is leaked fuel pipe. When engine stop the fuel runs down and made starts longer. Help to find a leak place in very quiet room you probably hear a sound or install backflow valve between fuel pipe near hp

Return to “Problems / Questions”