MK2 1.6 2008 windows not working since battery change

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MonkeyMan19
Currently Drives:: 1.6 petrol MK2 2008 Dynamique

MK2 1.6 2008 windows not working since battery change

Postby MonkeyMan19 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi all,

Only had my Mégane a week now and have made good headway sorting out some of the usual problems. However, since disconnecting the battery to sort the blowers out, the passenger side window has stopped working completely. It's closed (thankfully) but now won't open. Both rears are the same too, but they didn't work when I got the car.

Drivers window did the usual thing of only moving a few cm at a time, but with the reset procedure in the hand book, that's now working as it should. I've tried a couple of different resets I've read on here (hold for more than 2 seconds & holding all 4 window switches up for 10 then down for 10 secs) but I'm either doing something wrong or something else is wrong.

Fuses test ok on a meter but haven't actually put new ones in yet. One rear window makes a slight click when you press the button, like it wants to move but then can't be bothered, but the other 2 don't do anything.

On a side note, since the battery was changed a week before I was given the car (a gift from a relative), the alarm goes off every time the car is locked unless you deactivate the internal sensors. Have tried a few things but for the moment nice just disconnected it!

Anyone got any ideas before I start pulling door cards off and changing regulators??

If I do need to change things, has anybody tried these mini cube things I keep seeing?

Any advice welcome, unfortunately selling the car is not an option lol! Thanks in advance.

Return to “Problems / Questions”