Boot switch housing panel

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Roadhousezamora
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane Mk2

Boot switch housing panel

Postby Roadhousezamora » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am

Hi everyone, I have bought an 08 Megane and there are a few problems with it that I'm working my way through. The first and most annoying of which is the boot switch problem these cars tend to have by way of water ingress. My concern with this incidence is that I think the water is getting in from a poorly fitting panel (the one at the bottom of the boot lid which houses the number plate lights and boot switch).

Firstly, what is this panel called because when I'm searching for a replacement I dont even know what to put in. Secondly is it easy to remove? I believe the plastic clips are broken in a section and that is why it isnt staying flush to the car. My hope is it's the panel clips that are broken but I fear it may be the clips attached to the boot itself and as a result a replacement panel will make no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: Boot switch housing panel

Postby scooper1000 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi not sure what this panel is called but it is very easy to replace Remove the inner plastic panel which allows you to see the 2 or 3 bolts securing it, the rest is held in place with clips which pull off, the badly fitting panel you are talking about will be along the top seam where it meets with the rest of the boot lid, I blocked this with double sided tape BUT water cannot get into the car through this gap as the panel we are talking about sits on top of boot lid so its sealed If however after rain, water appears from underneath this panel and when lifted water usually drips on your head.
If you remove the lock mechanism use thread lock on the 2 bolts when replacing them or if them come loose it will all have to be removed again..

Roadhousezamora
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane Mk2

Re: Boot switch housing panel

Postby Roadhousezamora » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Cheers for the reply I'll have a look and see if I can sort the boot switch and the panel.

Return to “Problems / Questions”