Renault Megane 2 1.6vvt won't start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

SiAnthony
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.6vvt Expression 2007

Renault Megane 2 1.6vvt won't start

Postby SiAnthony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Ok hopefully someone has an idea of what the problem is with my car!
I purchased a 2007 Megane 2 1.6vvt expression hatchback, with starting problems. Was told it was a pain to start when cold, would cut at at junctions, but seemed ok once warmed up. We jump started it as it had a flat battery. I put fuel in it drove it home and it seemed fine. Left it running for at least half an hour. It started every time I tried it. The next day it didn't want to start again.
What I have done to the car since getting it. Coil packs had already been changed.
Replaced Battery as it wasn't holding charge. Replaced all sensors, Cleaned throttle body and have now replaced it with a newer one as I thought it could be a problem. Changed oil and filters. Also cleaned injectors and changed fuel pump. New spark plugs as well.
I put the keycard in press brake pedal, push start button and it turns over nothing happens, but if I push the accelerator all the way down it will then
fire but dies straight away.
When I had it running after buying it there was a black sooty patch on ground below exhaust.
Also when I checked the new plugs they are covered in soot.
I know there is a good spark and I am getting fuel. Obviously I have some sort of electrical fault and am at a loss to what it may be.
Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated, would love to get in on the road before winter sets in!

SiAnthony
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.6vvt Expression 2007

Re: Renault Megane 2 1.6vvt won't start

Postby SiAnthony » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Ok I have finally got it running, had problem with fuel pump.
New problem it is idling at 1600 rpm. I have 2 throttle bodies one from a newer model same code. tried both and it still has high idle speed.
Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Return to “Problems / Questions”