ELECTRIC WINDOW PROBLEM NOT THE NORMAL ONE

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

ELECTRIC WINDOW PROBLEM NOT THE NORMAL ONE

Postby scooper1000 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Megane 1.5 Diesel 2006.
I am having problems with a window motor, recently it stopped working so upon inspection the motor was burnt out and fuse had blown, I got a brand new motor (new old stock) on the outside exactly like mine I replaced the fuse and installed the motor not hard but fiddly...However when I press UP window goes DOWN and visa versa, I could live with this irritation BUT when I lock my car with remote all windows goes up except this one which goes down...more than annoying...bit of research and found out if I switch connections 1 and 2 the motor will work as it should, tools came back out and an hour later all done window works as it should…..BUT half an hour later I notice my hazards flashing go out to car and window gone down and set alarm off..
So my question is why is this happening and does anybody had this before and if so how did they fix it...thank you

scooper1000
Pass Plus

Re: ELECTRIC WINDOW PROBLEM NOT THE NORMAL ONE

Postby scooper1000 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Seems this has everybody stumped....could anybody tell me which wire controls the automatic window closure when car is locked, there are 5 wires going to the Temic, what I can gather is 1, LIVE.2, EARTH.3 and 4 going to the door switch and 1 going to the interior multiplex unit but if this wire is disconnected the window does not operate ..at the moment after switching wires 1 and 2 I have got the window going up and down correctly but if I deadlock the car the window goes down not up....apart from just changing every wire what can I do...terrified of damaging the multiplex unit...thanks

scooper1000
Pass Plus

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I have come up with my own solution though its not pretty, I have taken the temic of the motor then ran 2 wires from the connections on the motor to the WRONG connections on the temic then using plastic ties joined the two together again, sealed the connections with silicone and installed in car...its works as it should now but completely stumped as to why i had to do this, I even took motors apart to see if the spirals turning the motor mechanism were running the same way which they were....
It would be interesting if anybody could throw some light on this problem but for now i,m fairly happy

do not know how to add photos might find out later and put them up

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:45 pm

You need to host your photos elsewhere and link to them on here..

scooper1000
Pass Plus

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:41 pm

https://imgur.com/a/x65uRvR

2 photos show how I did it...as I have said not pretty but window works perfectly...Also there was water in the storage area in the door card under the speaker and this occasionally collected water, when the door card was off the car I ran a bead of bathroom sealant around the seam where card meets storage space and not a drop since..obviously on the inside of the door card.lol

lordmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2007 hatchback facelift - 1.5 dCi 78kW K9K 732

Postby lordmat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:35 am

I think your solution is very good! Doesn't matter it isn't pretty if it works right? I also have the problem with water in door storage. I'll try putting some plastic foil there.

Return to “Problems / Questions”