Wrong stalks on replacement airbag rotary switch/squib, question.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Niaomalley
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2006

Wrong stalks on replacement airbag rotary switch/squib, question.

Postby Niaomalley » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Hiya, I've used the resources on this forum a lot of times successfully, and thank you, but now I've a question so I have just registered to ask it.
This is my problem : the airbag rotary switch on my megane 2006 failed just before the MOT so my mechanic got a secondhand one and it works fine BUT, it was the wrong model (and there is no "right" model available atm, so my mechanic left that one in for the time being to get through the test (it did)
My problem is that the left squib indicator stalk I currently have has no front fog lights and left push-button for the auto lights and computer access. On the right I have now "back wipers" which don't exist but that's no problem really as the rest works fine.

My (and my mechanic's) question is this : if we screw in the old left stalk on the new trunk of the part, a simple operation as they are attached with little screws, will the front fog lights and auto lights work again, or are the relevant connections simply missing on that more basic part, and we need to replace the entire switch?

I'd rather ask first before we dismantle the whole thing for nothing.
Last edited by Niaomalley on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niaomalley
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2006

Re: Wrong stalks on replacement airbag rotary switch/squib

Postby Niaomalley » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:35 pm

And yes, it could have been tried at the time but said mechanic only noticed the difference much later when he was checking the lights and everything was already rebuilt, sadly.

Return to “Problems / Questions”