Car stereo unit losing power every 40 seconds

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bpay

Car stereo unit losing power every 40 seconds

Postby bpay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi,

My 2004 Renault Megane 2 5 door has recently picked up a problem. It started about a month ago and has been getting progressively worse. At this point it is infuriating.

I had a Pioneer stereo fitted by Halfords about 3 years ago. Recently the head unit loses power, then a few seconds later regains power. Because the power is lost it means I have to put the stereo back to the function it was on previously (radio, bluetooth etc.). The stereo then works fine for around 40 seconds when the same will happen. A few weeks ago I could go all week without it happening. Now I can't have a journey without it happening. As you can imagine it is very annoying, and distracting.

I've looked at the pinned post at the top of the sub (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12790) for wiring diagrams but all the links are dead.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Where should I start with trying to fix it? I presume I have a loose connection somewhere but without seeing a wiring diagram I have no idea where that could be. I also have little experience working with electrical stuff.

If anyone could help me fix this you would be a star.

Niaomalley
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2006

Re: Car stereo unit losing power every 40 seconds

Postby Niaomalley » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6867

Is the a/c and cigarette lighter working? If not, try that fuse. I had the radio thing when I bought mine and it got fixed the second I replaced the fuse, worth a try

lordmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2007 hatchback facelift - 1.5 dCi 78kW K9K 732

Re: Car stereo unit losing power every 40 seconds

Postby lordmat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:38 am

Return to “Problems / Questions”