Keeps cutting out, problems starting, not much acceleration, sluggish

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Blueeyedbaby200
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane coupe 1.6 litre engine.

Keeps cutting out, problems starting, not much acceleration, sluggish

Postby Blueeyedbaby200 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:39 am

Hi there,

I have a 1.6 Megane dynamique cabrio coupe, I have been having problems with the car starting (making funny noise), once started it quickly dies again, have taken it to garage but fault code said misfire, cuts out when at junctions and coming up to circles, when in first gear I could put my foot right to the floor and it will still have a problem moving, it’s like there is a restriction when pressing accelerator, some times if I take it out of gear before I get to the junction n just use my break then it doesn’t always cut out, if the revs r 2000 then I am able to change gear n it won’t cut out but as soon as revs go below 1500 then it just dies. Check injection comes on n then it is really sluggish n won’t go above 2000 rpm unless I change down a gear or two, if I go the same speed for a little while the engine management light flashes, take foot off accelerator n it stops.

I could really do with some help as getting to the point that I just don’t want it anymore. :banghead :banghead

Things that have been done:

Changed oil, spark plugs, coil packs, oil filter, leads, brought brand new throttle body, o2 sensor, lumbar sensor, map sensor n just had brand new cat, car came out the garage n as went to move noticed that my ball joint had broke so went back in, altogether the car has cost my partner £700 within the last month, I brought it for £650, n straight away needed new alternator n battery, n had the car for 2 yr in nov.

Don’t know what else it could be, please please help.

Thanks shirley

Return to “Problems / Questions”