Cam sensor error. Wales Ding. OBD reader woes.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Cam sensor error. Wales Ding. OBD reader woes.

Postby q292u » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:19 pm

I just got my Megane back from the repairers after a ding during my latest 600-mile Wales round-trip.
Didn't miss a beat the whole way. Got it back after a week and we had the MIL light and the word "service" lit up.
Got it cleared by my local cheapie garage, and all was well for two days, then boom. It's back again.
Tried my bluetooth obd reader and Torque Lite.. bloody thing won't connect to my new phone..
So I had a look around for a wired obd diagnostic tool. GSF car parts do one for about 15 quid, but it was after 4pm so I had missed next-day delivery. Onto Amazon, then.. and found this: https://amzn.to/2ABL5oC for 17.99 plus postage for next day delivery. It arrived today (Amazon locker), so I gave it a go. I had the code analysed and reset in 2 minutes flat. You don't need the (poor) instructions, as it's so simple. It tells you when to start and stop the ignition on-screen. It's already paid for itself! Seriously, recommended.. there's a "newer version" according to Amazon, but it's 30 quid. I'm sticking with this version.

Return to “Problems / Questions”