Rear brake lights MK2 megane -1 not working *FIXED*

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

gazberg

Rear brake lights MK2 megane -1 not working *FIXED*

Postby gazberg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello!

1st time poster so bear with me please. Car is Megane 2006, mk2 hatchback 12.6 16v petrol.

Car just failed its MOT on balljoint/bushes and a few electrical things (surprise surprise). I've done the electrical things myself washer pump etc.

The brake lights were stuck on even when not using the brake (all 3 worked, i was sure of it). I replaced the brake switch this morning and they only come on as they should now when brake pressed but now the passenger side rear brake light doesnt work so i've took it apart and i've only got 1 harness going into the moulding. I thought there was 2? I checked the rear drive side light cluster and that has 2 harness plugs going into it. COming off the main harness through a hole the harness has a few cables split off it running to a 2nd connections. On the passenger side it doesnt have this? Is this right?

No one has ever mentioned anything about the rear passenger light not working on a MOT ever before.

Thanks in advance.

Edit - all fixed.

lordmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2007 hatchback facelift - 1.5 dCi 78kW K9K 732

Re: Rear brake lights MK2 megane -1 not working *FIXED*

Postby lordmat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:48 pm

hey, could you tell us what the problem was? so that other people with the same problem might get it solved

gazberg

Re: Rear brake lights MK2 megane -1 not working *FIXED*

Postby gazberg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm

It was just the connections were badly corroded. Initially after watching a youtube video the first thing i noticed was i didn't have 2 separate harness going into the light housing which made me think "WTF" as i had a terminal socket empty but i gave everything a good clean and a new bulb and it worked.

Return to “Problems / Questions”