Engine wont start 1.9 DCI 120hp

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

urkes
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.9 DCI 120 hp

Engine wont start 1.9 DCI 120hp

Postby urkes » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:05 pm

I buyed car without seeing it frist Renault Megane mk 2 1.9DCI 120hp, car came on trailer i think is ok from auction it for non runner car so i swaped battery with new one factory specs .I tryed to crank over car to start it but main fuse on battery positive cable blow up it self.Frist cranking engine seems and sound that is gonna start everytime but nothing i try to pump fuel with compresion pump for fuel.Nothing, and then i look under the car and i see oil seems like is comming somewhere from right side of the car(left stearing wheel car).I try to troubleshoot oil leak but i didnt find anything expect turbine pipe witch connect to intercooler have some oil in it, and intercooler is dirty but i cant for sure say it is oil, and oil pond is on left side not on center where is intercooler.I heard rumors that can be MAP sensor(i dont know how), fuel rail sensor i swaped them nothing this another try blow up another fuse.

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: Engine wont start 1.9 DCI 120hp

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi,
You can either spend many weeks of your life trying to guess what is wrong, or you can buy a Renault Can Clip diagnostic box and a suitable laptop to run the software, and it will tell you exactly why your car isn't starting.

Return to “Problems / Questions”