Only one window works?!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Emmettiow
Currently Drives:: Result Megane 1.6 VVT

Only one window works?!

Postby Emmettiow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 am

Hi, new to forum, got a 57 plate VVT.

So my car has electrical issues is this something I can fix myself?

Only the rear right window works (controlled from driver's door), electric sunroof tries to open but won't.

Does anyone have any guides / videos showing where the parts of these systems are please? I'm going to try and fix it myself, I bought the car for £150 (had one odd coloured door and faulty electrics) but it's cheap, so, good for a 22 year old!

Kate.

ipreachvodka
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.6 Dynamique Cabriolet 2004

Re: Only one window works?!

Postby ipreachvodka » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Kate, it sounds like you're in a very similar position to me!
I recently bought a 54 plate Megane 1.6 VVT with a host of electrical issues, including three non-working windows.

The first thing I did was check that the fuses weren't blown - in my car this fuse box is found to the left of the glove compartment.
Do you hear any noise from the window motors when you press the switches to put the window down?
If not, it may be the case that the window modules/motors need replacing. The cheapest replacement units I can find on eBay are £15 each and claim to retain all of the original features (one-touch, anti-pinch).
I would suggest looking up how to do this on YouTube as there's quite a few videos out there which should help (I'm 23 and managed to do it myself this way :-) ).
Whilst it is also possible the window switches themselves are faulty, if the windows still don't go down when tried from either the driver-side door or the individual switches on the other doors I would guess this is more likely to be the window motors - it was in my case.

This is what the original "Temic" window module looks like in my vehicle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_N6O_92k4XPXwMX1hzJepT9_vF-oq1yl/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps,

Ella

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: Only one window works?!

Postby scooper1000 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-REGUL ... 1438.l2649

these seem very good though not had the need to try them myself

Return to “Problems / Questions”