My Renault Megane won't start.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Alex1335
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane convertible

My Renault Megane won't start.

Postby Alex1335 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi

I have a Renault Megane convertible 2007 1.6 petrol automatic that will not start. I originally had a gearbox fault which i self-diagnosed to be a solenoid issue in the dpo gearbox and i attempted a repair myself but having replaced the two solenoid valves in the gearbox the car would not start at all. I then removed the new solenoids and put the old solenoid valves back in the car hoping the car would go back to normal but the car is failing to start still. The electrics do all still work and the car does still let me change between neutral, park, reverse and drive but the car does not turn over at all whereas before i attempted the repair the car worked fine with no problems. Also when i try to start the car now it comes up with warning light saying check gearbox and flashes with brake warning lights as well.

Is anyone able to give any advice on this as I really want my car back up and running.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: My Renault Megane won't start.

Postby Stranger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi Alex, I can't offer any help I'm afraid but I've just popped your question into this forum where you're more likely to get a response - not everyone checks the CC forum.

Fingers crossed for you :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

DougM
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6

Postby DougM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Can you pull any error codes from it?. They might give you a clue in which direction to head.

Alex1335

Postby Alex1335 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 am

Hi

Thank you for the reply

I have managed to pull one error code from the car, DF232 which seems to come up saying: Injection - Refrigerant pressure sensor circuit but i'm not quite sure what this means. The only other thing I have noticed is that the diagnostic machine cannot not communicate with the gearbox anymore when i try to scan the gearbox specifically since the repair and the above code is the only code I can pull from in the injections section. The only other thing I can remember from the job is cleaning the area around the gearbox with engine degreaser before i opened the actual valve and the sprayed with a hose to clean off, but I did start the car immediately afterwards to check if the car would be fine starting and it did start first time with no problems and I left the car to run for a good 15 minutes afterwards to make sure. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I have done wrong to break the car in this way, it seemed like a simple repair from the videos i studied. Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated.

DougM
Learner Driver

Postby DougM » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Sounds to me like the gearbox computer or connection is dead. Maybe moisture sneaked in there, if it was me I would be checking the connection for voltage if that checked out I would buy a second hand replacement on ebay. A quick look revealed some for about 20 quid. I’m not an expert mind nor do I own a CC.

Alex1335

Postby Alex1335 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:51 am

Hi

Thank you for the advice, have had the car checked out by Renault who diagnosed as a simple problem that doesn’t appear to have cost to much to repair( they are only charging me for the diagnostic) Will be picking up the car so will try to get more information and will post later to help out anyone else who runs into issues with this repair.
Thank you again for all the advice, it is much appreciated and it is great to have my car up and running again.

DougM
Learner Driver

Postby DougM » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Cheap fix, winner.

Alex1335

Postby Alex1335 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Have had the car back now, working perfectly again, turned out to be ignition supply fuse blown. Quickly replaced and cheap fix. Not sure whether was from the water or from me forgetting to disconnect battery again after testing car initially after water spraying but happy to have car working again.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Return to “Problems / Questions”