Meagne window switch

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

alerton

Meagne window switch

Postby alerton » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi everyone, i just got the megane last week 2005 1.5 dci 5 door.

it had a few issues when i got it, i fixed the led centre brake light first as thats needed for the car to be 'road worthy' looked like water had got in so i had to solder a wire to replace the damaged track on the pcb, i would have got another pcb from the breakers but non around here opens sundays.

i also searched and learned how to fix the blower motor that will not work on setting 4 (presume this is going to be a resistor / burnt connector issue). i also need to fix the radio 'remote' near the steering wheel that does not function at all. also osr window works fine from the door itself but can only lower the window from the drivers control not lift it back up which sounds like a faulty switch? i see on ebay there are various colours of switch so does anyone know if my brown switch needs to be replaced with another brown one or will any colour fit and work? i will get around to fixing these when i have time.

for now the most pressing issue is the drivers door electric window will not work at all, i searched here and on the net and thought it might be the module on the motor. got inside the door and the motor is there with no module fitted and the 6 way plug that should connect to the module has been cut off so now i have no idea what wire should go where even if i use one of the after market modules, any idea how i can identify the wires please?

thanks

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: Meagne window switch

Postby scooper1000 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:47 am

there are only 2 wires going to the window motor, a new temic is easily fitted, as for the switch it would be easier to buy switch with the different coloured connectors and a length of wire still fitted that way you could use what you have and add bits accordingly.

the windows are a normal problem of a megane owner

alerton

Re: Meagne window switch

Postby alerton » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 pm

scooper1000 wrote:there are only 2 wires going to the window motor, a new temic is easily fitted, as for the switch it would be easier to buy switch with the different coloured connectors and a length of wire still fitted that way you could use what you have and add bits accordingly.

the windows are a normal problem of a megane owner

im starting to realise there are alot of 'common' problems on these. spent most of the day getting the drivers window working, i eventually worked out what wires should go where with a bit of detective work & meter. turns out the live feed wire was broken inside the door pillar connector where water had got in and corroded about 6 connections (live feed to window, speaker, outside temp sensor and what i think is a heated mirror wire) to the point they would not clean up so i have had to drill through the connector from both sides and pass new wires into the door. its working now but its one of those ......... if i had known before i started type jobs then i would have lived w/o drivers window working :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”