My Renault Megane II 1.9dci 2006 engine is turning over nicely but not starting, engine light does not come on.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Larryb
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE II 19DCI 2006

My Renault Megane II 1.9dci 2006 engine is turning over nicely but not starting, engine light does not come on.

Postby Larryb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 am

My Renault Megane II 1.9dci the engine is turning over nicely, but it does not end up starting. When I insert the card and press start all other lights do come on, but the engine light does not come on. When I start the engine turns over and promising to start, but it does not start. I would really appreciate some help!
Last edited by Larryb on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: My Renault Megane II 1.9dci 2006 engine is turning over nicely but not starting, engine light does not come.

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:55 am

Well realistically this could be something as simple as you have run out of fuel, or as complex as total injection system failure.
The correct thing to do is to get the codes read from the onboard computers using the proper Renault Can Clip software and this will tell you what is wrong. The other approach is to keep guessing until you get to the right thing!
One simple thing you could check first is to look at the clear section of fuel pipe that runs inside the engine compartment near(ish) to the windscreen washer filler. Is the pipe full of fuel, or air, or a mix of both?

Larryb
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE II 19DCI 2006

Re: My Renault Megane II 1.9dci 2006 engine is turning over nicely but not starting, engine light does not come on.

Postby Larryb » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 pm

I tried to clearing the air out from the pipes, but still it just turns but not end up starting. When I look at the other Renault the the engine light comes on when starting, but mine does not come on at all.

Return to “Problems / Questions”