Megane 1.5. Start up wont rev past 2500

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mikeyboy69x
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Expression 2007 1.5DCI

Megane 1.5. Start up wont rev past 2500

Postby mikeyboy69x » Tue May 07, 2019 8:56 am

Morning all,

So I've owned my Megane for around 4 years, mechanically it has always been sound (no bad for a 133k miles car). I am now starting to have some 'slight' problems but in my experience with Meganes they will evolve into much bigger ones.

So my car was left idle for 1 full day, I went out, started the car, began to pull off and the car 'jerked' forward.... like it would if it was in to low of a gear (I was in first). It then jerked a little more, the notorious 'check injection' message showed up which has never showed up on this car before, then suddenly drove like normal, not had this problem for over a week now. One thing I am noticing is when my car first starts the revs wont go past 2500 for a few minutes no matter how far my foot is on the accelerator.

I'm not a mechanic but I have done some work on my car (changed brakes, replaced temic modules etc.) If anyone has any ideas I could try that wont cost the earth that would be great. The car is only worth 4/500 at best, so if this problem is serious I may aswell just move on.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Problems / Questions”