Megane 2006 Dynamique hard top window problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Nickerino
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege 2.0L convertible hard top

Megane 2006 Dynamique hard top window problem

Postby Nickerino » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi all

small problem with the one window not going up/down.......garage have had a look and are telling me I need a new window control module so all windows will "sing in tune". At present they will all go up and down but not all together...different switches will get them all down/up.

How much is a second hand module ?

cheers Nick

frankl
Currently Drives:: Megane Mk2 CC

Re: Megane 2006 Dynamique hard top window problem

Postby frankl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:15 pm

I'm new to Renault Megane. Are you referring to one of the hard-top convertibles? (i.e. CC model)? I'm assuming so.

Assuming you are, mine did exactly the same thing on Friday, about three weeks after I bought it. I'm considering pursuing the dealer warranty, but life's too short.

If it's a CC, bad news! It's a different model to all the others. Good news, it's possible to get the for £40, and they're made by TEMIC. For some reason, Renault call them window regulators.

I'm serious about them being different - they have an extra pin or two to cope with the CC "all up" button, and to prevent them crunching the roof. You'll see lots of Renault Megane TEMIC modules that are much cheaper but are not compatible.

Ready for a bit more bad news? To get at the rear ones is not easy. Among other things, you have to completely remove the back seat in order to remove the trim that allows the unit to be pulled upwards out of the wall. It doesn't look difficult, just a PITA.

I shall be doing this next weekend.

Nickerino
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege 2.0L convertible hard top

Postby Nickerino » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:25 am

Morning Frank

thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I have a hard top convertible (privilege dynamique model). All the windows have an individual up/down switch on the respective side panels, and on the centre counsel there is an all up/down switch.

I have had a very quick look as the garage mentioned Temic modules and I note what you say about compatible ones. Is it just one control module required ? as you mention " the rear ones"....

Also, can I ask where you got yours from or if you have a link to the site.

I appreciate your assistance here.

Regards Nick

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 am

I had my original module repaired by this guy four years ago, and it has been perfect ever since -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-2-cabriolet-window-repair-of-Temic-regulator-module/254176479194?hash=item3b2e1947da:g:ivoAAOSwYVlaLvJP&frcectupt=true.
Very fast turnaround as well.

frankl
Currently Drives:: Megane Mk2 CC

Postby frankl » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 am

Okay - I'm not sure what Dynamique means in terms of Megane's. I said I was new :-)

I'm in exactly the same position as you, except I'm a week down the line and I can make an educated guess (I worked with Renault on ECU standards 20 years ago).

I believe the story is this...

The window motor modules were/are made by Temec. They're not waterproof, and neither are Megane window seals. The result is inevitable.

These modules contain a motor controller chip, and (I think) a relay. They all look the same, but the functioning of the chip is different. In the CC modules there are extra functions, including the ability to "dip" the windows as the roof moves. Mine doesn't do this, which leads me to suspect I don't have the original modules any more (or perhaps there was more than one type).

The pin-out is, I think, as follows:

Pin 1: Switch - Ground to operate in one direction
Pin 2: Switch - Ground to operate in other direction
Pin 3: Ground
Pin 4: +12V
Pin 5: n/c
Pin 6: Control - Constant or pulse to do clever stuff.

In other words, to open (or close?) the Windows, connect Pin 1 through a switch, the other terminal of which is connected to ground.

Pin 6 is the fun one. I haven't got the proper specification, but connecting it to ground (pulsed or otherwise) does the special CC stuff.

There are various repair services available for these modules at around £30. You can also buy new ones, with or without the "dip" feature for £40-£80. I have a new one on order, but I won't recommend the supplier until I know if it works. It should be arriving today. I also intend to open the old module and see what's gone with it - probably an easy repair but given access to the rear window stuff is a complete PITA I don't want to get stuck with the job half done.

I shall let you know how I get on after the weekend.

Incidentally, you can, allegedly, inch up the window by repeatedly disconnecting the +12V (i.e. pull the fuse) to reset it, and then operating the deadlock. I tried this and got absolutely nowhere.

Return to “Problems / Questions”