Drivers Window

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

edwardminett
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.4

Drivers Window

Postby edwardminett » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi,

Recently my Renault Megane 1.4 2007 driver window stopped work, I suspected that the switches might be at fault so I switched around the switch mechanism. The result showed that the passenger window still worked, unlike the driver show I have reason to suspect the wire between the switch and the window mechanism is faulty what do you think?v

Many thanks, Ed

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: Drivers Window

Postby joe12 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 pm

The window not working is more than likely the Temic Module as they are what normally cause the problems.

Not all replacements support one touch operation of the windows or total closure so if getting a replacement make sure to get one that does this.

Cheers.

noelo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sports tourer

Postby noelo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Your problem is most likely with the spade connectors if you are handy with a soldering iron,put a layer of solder on all the pins on the window regulator (both sides)
this will give a good connection when plugged back in as the pins are now slightly fatter allowing the connections
on the socket to bite into the solder.
it solved my window problem
best of luck

Jay1232
Currently Drives:: Megane

Postby Jay1232 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 am

Have you checked the fuse under the dash ? Or disconect the temic get a 12v sorce to the motor itself see if it moves then ... but try the previous replys joe and noelo said

Return to “Problems / Questions”