Lost wheels nut socket got the cover off the tyre but now need the socket to remove wheel

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sharondelacruz
Currently Drives:: Renault megane convertible 16cc 2005

Lost wheels nut socket got the cover off the tyre but now need the socket to remove wheel

Postby sharondelacruz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 pm

My Renault Megane convertible has alloy wheels with the middle of the tyres lock on iv got them off and now can see four bolt do I need a specific socket to remove tyre from car as I think iv loss the one that can with the car or will a garage be able to take the tyre off

vanmanpaul83
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.6 16v Maxim

Re: Lost wheels nut socket got the cover off the tyre but now need the socket to remove wheel

Postby vanmanpaul83 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Should just be a 17mm socket to remove wheel nuts unless you have a locking nut on each wheel.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: Lost wheels nut socket got the cover off the tyre but now need the socket to remove wheel

Postby Phil and Liz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 pm

could be a 19mm as well as i bought some s/hand as these bolts have a habit of breaking and these were 19mm. There are extendble wheel wrenchesfor sale that have both sizes on a reversible socket, had mine for years. Check B & M or home bargains, Halfords if you want to pay alot.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”