Water in Footwell

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wherespaultoday
Currently Drives:: 2007 Renault Grand Scenic

Water in Footwell

Postby wherespaultoday » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 am

Hi everyone, a fortnight ago I found I had water in the front under floor storage on both pasenger and drivers side of my Grand Scenic. I eached this forum and found post about the scuttle drains so I removed the plastic grills and wipers and cleaned them out (they were pretty dirty) and also cleaned from the bottom (removed wheel arch covers) and blasted through with compressed air. They are now completly clean and drain freely.

Unfortunately my footwells are still filling with water. Not a bad as before but if you press the carpet it oozes like a sponge after already having dried them out on several occasions. I had read that sunroofs can cause a similar problem but my model does not have a sun roof.

Any ideas on what else it could be? Thanks for any and all advice you're able to offer!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Water in Footwell

Postby Stranger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:31 pm

There should be more results than that but basically;

Take off the door panel and ensure the membrane has been fit / re-fit properly. This is a major reason for water ingress in to the footwells.

Mine suffered from a faulty heater unit which also caused the problem but this is much less common.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Problems / Questions”