Strange issues with new car

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lotharea
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2.0 VVT Privilege Convertible 2dr Petrol Automatic

Strange issues with new car

Postby lotharea » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi all!

I have recently bought a car: Renault Megane 2.0 VVT Privilege Convertible 2dr Petrol Automatic (that's what the title said!)
Since buying the car I've noticed there is some weird behaviours and issues that are happening to it : o

1. When I close the car with button on the keypad - sometimes it clicks once sometimes it clicks twice and unlocks back.
2. When I close the car and then try to open the door from the passenger side (from the outside) - the whole car unlocks!
3. Is it normal that I do not need to put the key in the key hole to start the car? It seems that I can open it by simply using the door handle on the passenger side then press break + start button without the key and drive away.
4. The radio seems to be turning on and off randomly on its own.
5. I have had a smell of plastic and dark coloured fumes coming out of my right rear wheel... Not sure how to feel about that - maybe the breaks were somehow touching the wheel? :o

If you could let me know if any of those make any sense I would be grateful!

Maria~

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: Strange issues with new car

Postby scooper1000 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

On the privledge model which is the higher end in the Megane range as long as the key card is close to the car 1 all doors become unlocked, 2 you do not need to place card in reader to start engine. 3 once you stop the car and get out just push the button on any of the door handles this locks the car pressing the buttons twice quickly if i remember right closes all open windows and locks car.4 If car locks then unlocks its normally a door or boot open. Check all doors

The radio could be any of a number of electrical faults. The plastic burning smell from wheel never had that problem could i suggest feeling the wheel when it does smoke is the wheel getting hot to the touch..but not much plastic around the wheels or bearings though.

Sorry cannot help more

Return to “Problems / Questions”