Problem with Megane Privilege tailgate - boot is shut but the car doesn't think it is

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jimjim2009
Currently Drives:: Megane Privilege

Problem with Megane Privilege tailgate - boot is shut but the car doesn't think it is

Postby Jimjim2009 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi fellow Megane owners :)

I am having an issue with my Megane. The boot is shut, but the car doesn't "think" it is. So when I try to start the car with the Renault card, I'm having issues as these cars tend to be tricky to start if the car thinks any door is open.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to get past this issue.

On a related note, does anyone know the knack of starting the car even if the boot was actually open ? (because the car thinks its open even when it isn't). I recall, some time back, reading in the owner manual what the knack was for doing this. Have looked through the manual again but can't find it now. Am sure it's in there somewhere but thought I may as well ask while I am making this post.

Thanks for reading :)

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: Problem with Megane Privilege tailgate - boot is shut but the car doesn't think it is

Postby joe12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine there must be a micro switch in the boot lock which gives the locked or unlocked signal, maybe this is gummed up or defective.

I would remove and clean up the lock mechanism and see if there was a micro switch causing the problem.

Cheers.

Buddy
Currently Drives:: Renault megane

Re: Problem with Megane Privilege tailgate - boot is shut but the car doesn't think it is

Postby Buddy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm

I need to know the colours of the wires in the loom. I have a 2005 renault megane. Which wires do what? Also I have between 5 and 7 black wires and I don't know where they go. Can anyone help

lordmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2007 hatchback facelift - 1.5 dCi 78kW K9K 732

Postby lordmat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:19 pm

download this wiring diagram

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdqp8n9y3gbbo ... 4.rar?dl=0

and it should be there

Return to “Problems / Questions”