Drivers side rear brake

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mrmiffy
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane tourer 1.5dCi

Drivers side rear brake

Postby Mrmiffy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi guys i had a look around but nothing caught my eye.

Anyway i have an 07 (mk2)?? Megane tourer 1.5dCi. i got the car a few weekz back and as i do with every motor i put new discs n pads on.

So the issue I have is i have changed everything and its come to bleeding. Anyway 2 of us were doing it and i come to the drivers rear and damn thers was lots of air. The only issue is the air seams to be endless.

I get sprays of fluid coming out now and again its slightly thicker but mostly sprays. So i lock the nipple and start again. Back passenger fine, front passenger started spraying like the rear drivers. The drivers front is ok aswell.

Now i have been on with this since this morning and it has dun exactly the same every time. Also brake failure has just started to pop up on the dash display.

Now i know my drivers rear caliper is seized soni need another one of them. But this squirtin issue is absolutely narkin me to death..

Is anyone able to help with this or point me in the right direction thanks.

Mick

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: Drivers side rear brake

Postby joe12 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm

I take it you have been keeping the master cylinder reservoir well topped up whilst bleeding, some reservoirs are tricky to keep topped up as the baffles inside them hold the fluid so it looks like it's full when one section of it is low!

Are you bleeding by pushing the brake pedal, if so only open the nipple half a turn and lock it up at the end of each pedal stroke.
Having the engine running when pedal bleeding can sometimes make a difference as you move the fluid more quickly so at to push out any trapped air pockets.

Vacuum bleeders are bad as they suck air in past the threads of the bleed nipple, a smear of thick grease around the threads can sometimes stop this.

Cheers.

Mrmiffy

Postby Mrmiffy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

Yea reservoir topped up and yea one pushing pedal and other playing with the nipples. I have tried locking the niple after every push and also tried locking it after a few pushes..

Are there any brake pipes underneath the car that could get trapped when putting wheel under car? Is there any cylinder s or anything that could cause this kinda of issue?

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Postby joe12 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:57 am

No pipes under the car to trap, and no cylinders that I'm aware of.

When not bleeding do you have any pedal at all?

If you haven't already have the engine running when bleeding.

Without looking at the master cylinder I would assume that the front passenger side & driver rear side would be on the same circuit so it sounds to me that some air has got in some how, or the master cylinder isn't working on that circuit properly.

Cheers.

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:00 pm

I had a similar problem on another make of car I found clamping all other brake lines so only the wheel i was working on moved...might be worth a go

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:51 pm

my 08 hada hole in the pipe on the drivers side just before the rear flexi, hidden in the inner sill that could only be seen if on a ramp, i hada pedal on way to mot but the leak was found on mot, drove it home and back 15 miles, still had a pedal. Might be might not, if your caliper is seized would replace that before going into trying to bleed the brakes, might be pulling air past a seal ?
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Mrmiffy

Postby Mrmiffy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi guys sorry for delay in posting reply..

It was all me bleeding them the wrong way. So its all sorted.

Thanks for the help

Mick

Return to “Problems / Questions”