Check Injection 2.0 2005 Megane Petrol, Is there EGR VALVE on this model?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JonJames83
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2005 2.0 Petrol Hatch 6speed manual

Check Injection 2.0 2005 Megane Petrol, Is there EGR VALVE on this model?

Postby JonJames83 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 am

Hello , my first post to this forum, hope you guys are having lovely holidays.
My Megane II 2005 2.0 6sp Petrol hatch car " WAS" going good, history of it is

210,000 miles ish. (320.000 km)
- Changed old pump to lower milage 2nd hand fuel pump,
-Brand New injectors (old ones cylinder 2 and 3 were oozing petrol car would not run at all, [start and die] )
- Brand new crank angle sensor
- 2nd hand Cylinder head with new gasket and new timing belt kit.
- Bore cylinders were inspected with head off and to everyones amazement little to no wear at all after 300.000km (200,000 highway miles)
-Brand new Thermostat 10.000 miles old ( check injection light coming up with head sensor/ thermostat sensor and radiator sensor not having the same values)

It recently started doing its usual check injection light problem that it loves doing so much.

It was doing it a month or two ago also after running fine with new injectors and tdc-sensor for a while before it appeared again,
(and did its usual Auto revving itself and not liking alot of initial throttle input when going in gear without feeling a hiccup in the driveline (loss of power) then reapply of power , (annoying as all #@&% !!! [ you can only imagine ]). However it does not do limp mode where it cuts top speed out, it would do any speed with this pulsating nightmare mode, which is strange it would even rev the motor at weird rates at all displaying SERVICE- CHECK INJECTION, why not just put the light up and not alter the RPM ? *pull hair out*

So i was borrowed a 200 Pound scantool from a nice man whom i helped out beforehand and it mentioned
Throttle position sensor incorrect voltage range or something, and that being the cheapest option I unbolted the throttle body and cleaned it out with a cloth front and back of the butterfly and refit it to the motor and I did notice it was gummed up reasonably where the small idle slits were not totally gummed up with black carbon but enough to think twice , maybe it was this all along.

Well it drove fine for about another 2000km and now it says check injection again even after all this work.

It also did say from old errors or im unsure (becuase deleting codes seems to be un deletable / I tried and a mechanic before me tried) THAT ---> DOWNSTREAM O2 sensor short-circuited, not sure if that would ever cause check injection problem, no doubt it may well do knowing how sensitive this car is at running at all without a million dollar repair bill each week.

And the live feed of the engine with that scanner showed no change from 0.465 volts to the DOWNSTREAM 02 sensor feed at all with revving the car to 4000rpm or idling, it was frozen,

the UPSTREAM 02 sensor was fluctuating rapidly 0.4 to 0.7 to 0.2 back to 0.4 and the technician (G.M /Holdens) who loaned me the scan tool said thats normal for it to rapidly go up and down like a yo yo which i found bizarre but im not a technician so had to take it as one of those things.

I also notice the car using a bit of oil , lets say 3mm under full on the dipstick when it was 2mm above it only last time i checked, so 5mm of oil in 2000km , its about 15mm each side of the "LOW 0 - HIGH 100 line" so a 30 mm L-H dipstick length and its used 1/6th of that in 2000km I have been opening up the throttle alot though.
Before all these problems with injectors and sensors it never chewed oil, and it has only done 10,000 miles since owning it,

SO MY MAIN QUESTION IS,
A)is there an E.G.R valve on petrol 2.0 motors ?,
i assume there is as most cars have one now adays,

B) is it cleanable?
i searched on the forum and could only find diesel E.G.R valve topics.

C) The car now only likes to be started with the throttle pressed to the floor if I crank it with no throttle input it just keeps cranking, any ideas what this could be, it was 40degrees celcius at the time, a blocked air filter perhaps? this is a new problem, and when it actually finally starts up it feels like the starter is still engaging for a few more revolutions as if carrying the motor into firing on its own, (i know it sounds munted doesnt it)

Thanks for listening, God bless . :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Return to “Problems / Questions”