Megane Berline Privilege 2.0dCi cold start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

adze7
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Berline 2.0 dCi

Megane Berline Privilege 2.0dCi cold start

Postby adze7 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Hello everyone!

First user here :D

I´ve been searching on this forum for a while now, but because my language knowledge is basic, I couldn´t find any solution, so I hope, some of you might help me.

I have a Renault Megane Berline Privilege 2,0 Dci with 176.000 kilometers, year 2007.
This year at the beginning of december, a cold start took a few seconds, with clouds of smoke. I drove my car to mechanic and they changed glow plugs and did a basic service. After it was fixed I paid the bill - 160€ for glow plugs (which I think is a lot) and drove my car home. Next day (-2°C) the car would start on 3rd atempt, which means it was even worse than before. I waited for a day and took it back to mechanic (official renault service).

It has been 14 days and still no answer from the mechanic. I called them at lest 25 times in this period. All that they could say to me, was that they´ve replaced glow plugs 3 times, but the car seems to destroy-burn them. That was a week ago. this week I called them everal times, each time I get same answer: "there is a problem with a computer, we are working on it, but we don´t know when it will be repaired nor how much will it cost˝.

I´ve called a friend who used to work there and all that he could said was, that I have to call them everyday and ask what is new.

I am getting really mad, because I can´t go anywhere and I don´t know what is going on with my car. The reason why I´m writting here is because I want to know, if there could be a serious damage on my car if I go get it from the mechanic, not repaired, and continue driving a car like this.

Here is a video how cold start looked like, before it was brought to mechanic second time:

https://youtu.be/Cm422SPEoiI

Thank you for your response and sorry for bad english

Return to “Problems / Questions”