Advice about airbag and service light needed

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kush
Currently Drives:: Megane ii 1.6 VVT

Advice about airbag and service light needed

Postby kush » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi all

I had a big problem with my megane 2 months ago, my car got on fire on the engine bay and everything burned out but it didnt have time to damage anything behind the firewall. So i decided to buy a complete car and transplant engine and wiring loom and the rest sell for parts or just keep in reserve. My megane was 2004 1.6 16v hatchback. I found a good deal in a megane 2008 kombi 2.0 16v and i got it. i transplantet complete wiring and engine from the kombi and everything was working fine except esp light was on with service and airbag lights. First i thought its the rotary switch but it wasnt so there was only 2 parts that i didnt transplant the esp sensor under the seat and the main airbag pretensioner. Today i just switched the esp sensor under seat with the kombi one and the esp is ok now. But the airbag and service is still on, could it be the pretensioner that is located under the armrest close to handbrake i didnt want to switch it because the kombi had different airbags and i thought it would be a problem so i left mine on. Sorry for the long story but i worked 1 week all day to replace everything and i hate that i have the airbag and service lights on.

Thanks in advance

Nickerino
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege 2.0L convertible hard top

Re: Advice about airbag and service light needed

Postby Nickerino » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 am

my service light, spanner sign comes on and air bag warning light every month or so....usually when the drivers seat is moved back and fore

mine is just a dodgy connection in the electrics under the drivers seat. I just take out the connections and put them back.......works every time

Return to “Problems / Questions”