General Questions

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Zailyn
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane Estate 1.5Dci

General Questions

Postby Zailyn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 am

Hi,

So I have an 07 Megane Estate that I can't drive yet as I haven't gotten my license yet but I've been messing around with it to see what it can do.

There were a couple of electrical problems here and there such as the reverse lights not working, fixed that just by changing the fuse in the engine bay.

I only got one key with the car but I programmed a 2nd one myself and it's working great.

Rear wiper was not working properly and I found out it was just because the wiper was screwed on too tight... so easy fix as well.

Now I only have 2 problems that I haven't figured out yet, mostly cause I haven't had the time to check it out properly.

The centre console lights are not working. I'm sure they used to work before, I think they stopped working when I replaced the reverse light fuse. I'm guessing the fuse for the centre console's lights are in the engine bay's fuse box as well right ?

Also, my headlights are way too dipped. When I try to use the headlight adjuster you do hear a sound like a motor running or something but the lights do not move at all. Would I need to somehow arrange these manually or ... ?

Other than that does anyone have any advice on how to keep these cars running for a long time ? I've heard from a lot of people that Renault usually have problems with the engines but I love the technology it has even though it's from 2007. Even something as small as the automatic lights/wipers, I just go crazy for any kind of automation. I'm a big fan of technology so that's why I kind of purchased this car immediately. It has 150k miles on it, so it's been used quite a lot in the last 11 years, but it seems to run fine ... granted I'm not a car guy or anything :lol:

Thanks for any advice/help :D

lordmat
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2007 hatchback facelift - 1.5 dCi 78kW K9K 732

Re: General Questions

Postby lordmat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 am

got similar problem with headlights - dont know if they're too scratched or just damaged

btw - i also thought the adjustment motors dont work, but upon dis-and-reassembly i found out that they had been working the whole time, but the movement they were making was so little i didn't notice it - so check that out on your car as well (maybe try putting a piece of paper in front of it and have someone turn the adjuster for you - and see if it moves or not)

if not, take the bumper and headlights off and remove the motor from the headlight. then you can see if it works or if something else is broken (i had a little plastic thing broken on my left headlight)

Return to “Problems / Questions”