Key cards

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dee53
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault Mégane Dynamique 1.6

Key cards

Postby dee53 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:10 am

Hi all ! We bought our 2008 Mégane Dynamique only 2 weeks ago. Won't start now and everything I've read points to electrical fault/s which everyone warned us about. Sounds flippin' pricey to fix unless we can find a replacement part on e bay or somewhere. This is out 3rd second hand car within a year - we have absolutely no luck whatsoever with them whatever we buy and are now out of cash. The other issue is that one of the key cards we had doesn't work, we paid someone off e bay to fix it , but still doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how much a Renault dealer will charge for a new key card or repair ? I know it's not cheap but gonna have to get one. Love the car, but once again we're in the mire - fed up of it !

Malroy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC

Re: Key cards

Postby Malroy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:48 am

You have had some bad luck,
May I suggest you describe a little more about the specifics of your starting issue i.e. Was engine running fine, did the starting issue develop over time, what makes you think its an electrical issue requiring an expensive part?

As for the key card, I can't tell you how much from a Renault dealer but if cash is tight I'm sure there are many better value and reliable alternatives out there and within the forum. First you should go back to whoever you paid to fix it and share the experience here.

Sorry I can't offer direct solutions but hope this helps

Return to “Problems / Questions”