Electronic Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rocker8742
Currently Drives:: 2003 1.9dci Megane II

Electronic Fault

Postby Rocker8742 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Right, Meganes are a nightmare electrically as we all know so any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated

The meg has been parked up for 6 months, used a couple of times for very short journeys but recently came to start it and got the message ‘electronic fault’ on the dash and a series of beeps but no start up.

Snap on diagnostics won’t connect to the engine ecu but will everything else.

I’ve found a broken cable on the -ve terminal of the battery that goes into the ECU loom, I’ve replaced the ring terminal, checked the battery terminal fuses, checked the earth between battery and engine/gearbox/chassis, stripped & cleaned the fusebox in the bay and sent the ECU away for testing which all yielded no change. I’ve tried with the spare key & a new battery with no luck either.

The only thing I can think of now is a broken wire in the power loom for the ECU?

Does anyone else have any ideas or experience with this problem? Or anyone willing to pop over & lend a hand?

Rocker8742
Currently Drives:: 2003 1.9dci Megane II

Re: Electronic Fault

Postby Rocker8742 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm

No one have any input on this?

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: Electronic Fault

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:18 pm

I think you should get the codes read using the Renault CAN CLIP tool and not just a generic snapon one.
If it says Electronic fault on the dash, then there will be an error code stored somewhere, it's just that the snapon tool can't read it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”