Can not open Windows

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

seji
Currently Drives:: Megane II Break

Can not open Windows

Postby seji » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi everyone

I am a new Megane II owner and today after 10 days from buying this car, I could not open the windows!
From driver seat I can´t open either of the windows, I have tried all other passenger seats and only one of them in the rear can open its window.
So driver can´t open any of the 4 windows, neither the front passenger and one of the passenger in the rear seat (behind the driver seat) :conf . So can somebody help me out? I do appreciate it in advance.

Dodge76
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane 1.5 dci 106

Re: Can not open Windows

Postby Dodge76 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:54 am

Window problems are common on the Megane (and the whole of the Renault range) hell all French cars I’ve had suffered with window problems (just search google for french electrics)

Most problems are to do with 2 different things either the window regulator has an ingress of water and needs replacing or the door loom has broken between the door and the body.

The only other things to think about are do you have a blown fuse, or water in the main fuse box (under the bonet, by the battery)

Return to “Problems / Questions”