Megane II Classic 2006 burnt ECU

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

RingoForPresident
Currently Drives:: Megane II Classic 2006

Megane II Classic 2006 burnt ECU

Postby RingoForPresident » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi:

As the title of my post suggests, I have a really big trouble with my Megane... It started weeks ago, suddenly the car started to make some weird noises. You know like mini explosions, really not a big thing. A week later or so, my car started failing to start. Not always but occasionally. Until one day it didn't anymore. After that, I called my car insurance and they took it to the nearest workshop. There, the mechanic told me my ECU was burnt out, and that finding a replacement could cost me up to 1000 pounds. I'm just a pensioner so no way I can afford that amount of money. So here is my question:

Do anyone of you folks know where I could find a cheap replacement?. My car is a 2006 Megane II classic. Greetings in advance.

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: Megane II Classic 2006 burnt ECU

Postby joe12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi,
you will probably be able to get a replacement at a Renault breakers, you will have to get one exactly the same or it won't work.

I would head over the the Renault form ( http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/forum.php) as you will probably get a much better response to your problem as there is a lot of people in the know over there.

Sorry to recommend a different forum and no disrespect to this forum but there seems to be a lot more activity over there so you stand to get a better result.

Cheers.

DavidB
Currently Drives:: Megane II classic

Re: Megane II Classic 2006 burnt ECU

Postby DavidB » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:53 pm

HI everyone:

First, as Joe12 said, you have to get exactly the same ECU. That means same reference number. Second, try first local workshops and physical stores.

If you can't find it there, you might want to try online shops. Amazon or Ebay would be my first option.
Be careful though, most eBay/Amazon sellers don't sell you inmo off units. A non-inmo-off unit it won't start your car. So be careful with this.

For last you can try this shop, not very trustworthy, but they claim to sell inmo-off units. So maybe it can do the trick.

Good luck!

Return to “Problems / Questions”