1.5dci 60kw wont start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Julius

1.5dci 60kw wont start

Postby Julius » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi,

So today my car didn't start. It used to not start for the first attempt after parked for like 20minutes, then I would press start button again and she would start. But time went by, and this problem got more serious. Now it sometimes won't start at all, like today. Timing belt has been replaced, oil, fuel, air filters have been replaced few months ago. After it didn't start at all for the first time in the morning, the same day in the evening I came home after work, tried to start her and she started with the very first push of the start button. I drove it right away to closest workshop for mechanics to take a look. They said it was a TDC sensor issue, I think. They replaced it and had no issues with starting for a few days. Then not more than a week later, same thing happened. It's cranking, but does not start. Before that, I bought that cheap OBD2 scanner, ELM327 I think, it showed me two errors: TDC sensor (P0340) and something related with glow plugs (P0670). Gladly my car didn't start near the garage where timing belt was changed. They connected tablet to the car and took a look at fault codes, they were the same that I was getting. They took a look at timing belt, and saw that it was miss-positioned by one tooth (they said they put it on the first time the same way the old one was on, but now they bought some kind of tool and noticed that one tooth possition issue). They put the belt the right way, and car kinda changed. No more P0340 error. 5 days has passed, and during that time it once started during 4th attempt. And now it does not start at all, is cranking but without luck. Tried pumping with primary pump, no luck. It's +12 degrees of Celsius outside (lately it was much warmer when car start issues were gone, like +26 degrees of Celsius).

Can this problem be because of P0670 error? Mechanics say that the weather should be alright now and glow plugs should not be used for starting.

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: 1.5dci 60kw wont start

Postby joe12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi,
the glow plug fault (P0670) should not cause any problems with starting so don't concern yourself with that one.

Was the timing belt and fuel filter changed at the same time? Did you have any starting problems before these were changed?

Cheers.

Return to “Problems / Questions”