2.0 dci GT electrical problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Quinnybloke
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 2.0 dci GT 150

2.0 dci GT electrical problems

Postby Quinnybloke » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Getting to the end of my tether with my meg, on Tuesday after work, I couldn’t open my boot, but all the doors would open, got in to find zero power, and no starting. Called out the rac, who found the starter motor cable had chafed on the aircon pipe at the front of the engine causing a short which had blown the fuse on the battery terminal, the cal2 32v one. Couldn’t get one anywhere, so had to order one from Renault, and fitted it yesterday, after taping up the cable that had been exposed, and the car started up straight away. Took her for a long drive to ensure battery was charged up. This morning, went to work in her as usual, was running great, same thing coming home, but ten minutes from home, up pops the ABS and ESP warnings! Has anybody got any idea what has caused these? It’s not a voltage drop as battery is putting out 12.8 v. I’m at a loss.

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: 2.0 dci GT electrical problems

Postby joe12 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am

Hi,
the ABS may be a separate fault and not associated to the chaffed battery cable, so I wouldn't assume a link at this point.

Check that all of the ABS sensors are in place and the wires leading to them are in good condition.

The next step would be to run a diagnostic check on the car with a code reader to see if the ABS problem is showing up.

Cheers.

Return to “Problems / Questions”