body code scanner

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

body code scanner

Postby Phil and Liz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Does anyone know what type of scanner you need to get one that does the engine and body errors for a megen dci mkii ? Thinking of buying one for clearing codes and diagnosing faults like he one i currently have on abs (though the only sensor that has been moved is the n/s/f when the hub was changed) Recommendations welcome, I am originlly from Yorkshire so price is important
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Re: body code scanner

Postby joe12 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 pm

I've read your other post of your ABS problem.

Can't help with the scanner question but can I ask,

Why the hub was changed?

Did you have the ABS problem before the hub was changed?

Was the hub 2nd hand?

Cheers.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:51 am

hub was changed due to seized strut clamp bolt, abs lead was original from hub as s/h hub cable had different connector. This was done over a year ago and it is only recently that this became a problem, thinking this might be the sensor loose in its mounting, light comes on for no reason while driving.
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Postby joe12 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks for the explanation.

Was just thinking that if the hub had been recently changed the problem could be the tone ring in the bearing causing the problem.

The clips that holds the sensors can corrode away and the sensor can either become loose or slightly move away from the bearing so it isn't picking up the signal fully, check that the sensor is close to the bearing.

Cheers.

Paulie1968
Currently Drives:: 2006 RENAULT MEGANE AUTHENTIQUE DCI SILVER 1.5 DIESEL 5 SPEED MANUAL HATCHBACK
2005 Mazda RX8
2006 Fiesta ST150 (Sorned for now after buying the Megane)

Postby Paulie1968 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:52 pm

Phil and Liz wrote:Does anyone know what type of scanner you need to get one that does the engine and body errors for a megen dci mkii ? Thinking of buying one for clearing codes and diagnosing faults like he one i currently have on abs (though the only sensor that has been moved is the n/s/f when the hub was changed) Recommendations welcome, I am originlly from Yorkshire so price is important

I just bought Delphi DS150E (chinese copy from ebay) £30 , takes a while to get here from china, but ictworks really well once installed it trick but the , my mate brought round his 1.5DCI 2003 with an ABS light problem, though he had already serviced both hubs, by the time i plugged in it was a simple case of clear the codes and done

Return to “Problems / Questions”