abs warning light

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

abs warning light

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Intersting one, this morning I set off for work and as I drove out the drive I noticed the ABS light on and the message check ABS, brakes were working ok so took it steady on my 20 mile commute, all the way thinking this is it, the final nail in the megane's coffin and it will be spares or repair. Tonight I had to go to Edinburgh to pick up some timber, which is why I took the car rather than the bike. Set off and the ABS light was off, 5 mile later it was back on, parked up loaded the timber and set off home, ABS light off and stayed that way for 30 miles. Parked up and still off.

Thinking it must be a sensor thats come loose at one of the hubs, or a sensor breaking down. Would have thought that when the light came on that was it and no going back. Anyone else had this ?
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

AndyAitch
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC Dynamique 1.5DCi

Re: abs warning light

Postby AndyAitch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:32 pm

My CC is doing similar but I've noticed that the light is coming on if I turn left. Any other time it's fine... I've asked the question on here to see if anyone might have a clue. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 pm

mines straight ahead, must be a loose connection as it hasnt been on a few days, mind you havent used it for a week, probably use it end of the week for work as rain is forecast
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi I had this problem when i turned left and pressing brake the ABS warning light would come on...dpraying WD40 onto the sensors stopped this happening but not fix it..i eventually had it connected to good diagnostic equipment and it was the right ABS sensor which was a relatively cheap fix . I could have lived with the problem but needed to sell the car and new owner could not....

AndyAitch
Currently Drives:: Megane II CC Dynamique 1.5DCi

Postby AndyAitch » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

scooper1000 wrote:Hi I had this problem when i turned left and pressing brake the ABS warning light would come on...dpraying WD40 onto the sensors stopped this happening but not fix it..i eventually had it connected to good diagnostic equipment and it was the right ABS sensor which was a relatively cheap fix . I could have lived with the problem but needed to sell the car and new owner could not....

Thanks, I'll give this a try and let you know how I get on :)

Return to “Problems / Questions”